iX Theatre Policy
The primary uses of the iX Theatre are presentations, performances, and meetings sponsored by UMKC student, faculty, staff, or affiliated constituent groups. The area seats up to 60 audience members, with the potential for some informal overflow seating. As the space is located in an open and public area located in the Southeast corner of Miller Nichols Library's first floor Information Commons, the volume and activity must be somewhat limited and never confidential or potentially disruptive.
Secondary use of the space is open study and work space for individual and small groups of students. This secondary use will take priority over the primary use of this space during University midterms and finals. Reservation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If the iX Theatre is scheduled for a non-Libraries group, the following practices will apply:
A UMKC group may schedule the room at no cost, but the Libraries can offer no staff support except posting notices to reserve the space before the event and supplying sound equipment and a/v connectors (available for check out from the first floor service desk). The group will need to set up the space as they desire, and put it back as they found it. Libraries staff is not available to transport food or equipment for the group. If food or beverages are involved, they must be delivered to the area and cleaned up after the event. The Libraries staff must be informed of the food before the event so that the Cleaning Crew can be prepared to give the area attention after the event. The area cannot be scheduled for the same time on a regular basis because of the need for student study space
Groups wishing to use the iX Theatre should complete the iX Theatre Reservation Form and then send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain approval. If approved and the room is available, the Library Administrative staff will:
- Schedule the space
- Provide the appropriate library staff with the event details
- Inform the Public Services staff of the event, and
- Inform the group or ask the campus event coordinator to inform the group of the following:
- Scheduling must be within the usual hours of 8am-5pm. The iX Theatre is not available during intersession.
- Use, including registration of participants, must be contained to the area directly adjacent to the theatre. The group is encouraged to supply signs directing participants to the theatre at the building entrance, as well as on the first floor. It is suggested that the group's staff should be positioned at the entrances and on the first floor to direct their members to the room.
- The room can be arranged in a variety of ways, using chairs with or without tables. White boards, two projectors and screens are also available in the space. A portable podium (w/ attached microphone) and handheld microphone (staff only) are available upon request. Mac adaptor cords are available at the first floor Service Desk on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Setting up the area-chairs and tables are available for your use. More chairs may be available if requested at least 2 days in advance.
- Notifying the Library if food and/or drink will be present at the event. Library staff must be informed of the food before the event so the Cleaning Crew can give the room special attention after the event.
- Limiting all use, including registration of attendees, to the iX Theater only. The group is encouraged to supply signs directing participants to the space at the north and south entrances. It is suggested that the group's staff should be positioned at the entrances to direct their members to the room.
- Arranging for catering or other food delivery, including meeting and escorting food delivery personnel to the space.
- Arranging for A/V equipment needs. Tables and chairs, white boards, two projectors and screens are available in the space. A handheld microphone with stand, clip-on microphone, podium, presentation clicker, laptops, and connection and adaption cords are available for use upon request.
- Cleaning up after the event, including making sure all food is out of the space and tables/chairs are clean and ready for re-use.
We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining our facilities. If for some reason your event is cancelled, please let us know so we can release the space for others to use. Please advise us quickly of any spills or damage that occurs during your event.
Please call the Administrative Office at (816) 235-1531 if you have any questions. On evenings and weekends, please call (816) 235-1526.