There are two ways to make a request:
- While you are searching in library databases, click Full Text. After signing in, your request information will automatically import into the request form.
- Login to Interlibrary Loan + Renew. You can start with a blank form for your request.
- All currently enrolled UMKC students and all faculty and staff can use Interlibrary Loan to obtain items from any library, including UMKC Libraries.
- Some faculty and staff may be eligible for Office Delivery of Books.
- Distance/Online students: read more about your circulation privileges and delivery options.
- For items that qualify for email delivery, typically 35% of these requests are filled in 24 hours, 65% are filled in 48 hours, and 85% are filled within 72 hours.
- For items that must be picked up at any one of the UMKC Library locations, typically 20% are available within 7 days, 50% within 10 days, and 80% are available within 14 days.
- Per university policy, all Interlibrary Loan messages will be sent to your UMKC email address.
- Interlibrary loan is free to UMKC students, faculty, and staff.
Renewals are granted at the discretion of the library that owns the material. Some items cannot be renewed. Please request renewals at least three (3) days before your due date.
To request renewals:
- Through Interlibrary Loan +Renew: Log in and click on “Checked Out Items” in the menu. Find the item you would like to renew and click “Renew.”
- Through your Library Account: you can renew items you borrowed from UMKC or other University of Missouri libraries.
- Through your MOBIUS Library Account: you can renew items borrowed from MOBIUS or Prospector.
- A recall is a shortening of your loan period issued by the lending library. Recalls can be issued at any time.
- If your item is recalled, your item is due back sooner than the original due date and cannot be renewed.
- If you still need your recalled item, contact the Interlibrary Loan department for assistance.
- Return your item(s) to the following UMKC Library locations: Miller Nichols Library, Health Sciences Library, or the Law Library.
- If you return items late or not at all, you will jeopardize your library privileges, your ability to register for classes, and your ability to obtain official transcripts after graduation. Furthermore, UMKC Libraries can face penalties when items are not returned on time to lending libraries.
- Daily late fines are not issued, but your accounts will be blocked if you do not return your items on time.
- If your item is not returned by 10 days after the due date, you will be billed for replacement costs. Some of these fees may be non-refundable.
In order to maintain your privacy and keep your data secure, we:
- Delete your request records more than 5 academic years old
- Delete your account after you leave the university or become inactive for 5 academic years
- Our OCLC symbol is UMK. Please refer to the OCLC Policies Directory for further details.
- Our Docline LIBID is MOUMKC. Please refer to the Docline Institutions Directory for further details.
- We accept ALA forms, IFLA forms, and emailed requests from educational, non-profit institutions.