Guests of the library who are at least 18 years old and wish to check out library materials may join the Guest Borrower Program. Join at the Miller Nichols Library First Floor Service Desk.
Those affiliated with MOBIUS and Courtesy Card institutions, SPARK and Contributing Members of the Alumni Association already receive circulation privileges and do not need to join this program.
- You must be at least 18 years old to join
- Membership is $50 for a one-year term (365 days)
- Up to 5 items from the Miller Nichols Library and the Health Sciences Library circulating collections may be checked out on the account at any given time
- Loan periods:
- Miller Nichols Library: Eight-week checkout period, with two renewals possible
- Health Sciences Library: Two-week checkout period, with two renewals possible
- Media: two-week checkout period, with one renewal possible
- Photo ID is required for each checkout. Acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license, state issued ID card, U.S. Military ID card, passport, or college ID.
- You are financially responsible for any lost or overdue material checked out to your Guest Borrower Program account. Replacement cost is determined by current list price of the item at time of payment plus the $20.00 processing fee
- Interlibrary Loan services are not available through UMKC but are available at your public library