Guests of the library who are at least 18 years old and wish to check out library materials may join the Guest Borrower Program. Join at the Miller Nichols Library First Floor Service Desk.
Those affiliated with MOBIUS and Courtesy Card institutions and Contributing Members of the Alumni Association already receive circulation privileges and do not need to join this program. Members of UMKC Friends of the Library contributing at least $50 annually also may receive borrowing privileges. Eligible members wishing to activate their account may do so by contacting the Libraries’ Administrative Office at (816) 235-1531.
- You must be at least 18 years old to join
- Membership is $50 for a one-year term (365 days)
- Up to 5 items from the Miller Nichols Library and Health Sciences Library circulating collections (primarily books, musical scores, theses, and dissertations; media is excluded) may be checked out on the account at any given time
- Loan Periods:
- Miller Nichols Library: Eight-week checkout period, with two renewals possible
- Health Sciences Library: Two-week checkout period, with two renewals possible
- Photo ID is required for each checkout (Acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license, state issued ID card, U.S. Military ID card, passport, or college ID)
- You are financially responsible for any lost or overdue material checked out to your Guest Borrower Program account
- Actual replacement cost is determined by current list price of the item at time of payment plus the $20.00 processing fee
- Interlibrary Loan services are not available through UMKC but are available at your public library