COVID-19 and the Libraries
The ground floor entrance to Miller Nichols Library is not available. The library is for individual work only; no group study is allowed. Before you visit, learn what you will need to know about using using the UMKC Libraries spaces during the fall 2020 semester.
Library Building Access
Enter the library through an entrance to the Miller Nichols Learning Center. The ground floor library entrance is not available. To use the ground floor entrance for accessibility reasons, call (816) 235-1675 when you arrive.
Health Sciences Library access requires card swipe access to the School of Medicine Building.
Library Building Guidelines
To use the library facilities safely:
- Single study only. One person per table. One person per room. UMKC policy does not allow exceptions for roommates or family members.
- Masks are required at all times. This includes study rooms with the door closed. You may remove your mask briefly while actively eating or drinking.
- Policies are in accordance with UMKC policy. If you violate the polices while in the library you will be asked to leave the library for that day.
Read a full how-to guide on using the UMKC Libraries spaces during the fall 2020 semester.
Borrowing and Returning Library Materials
- Return library books and materials by placing them in a book return slot at the Miller Nichols Library or Health Sciences Library.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 4 days before they are removed from your account. You will not be charged late fees for the quarantine days.
- InterLibrary Loan requests are being filled with digital articles and book chapters. InterLibrary Loan for physical materials is suspended until the resource sharing community of libraries begins lending again.
- Contact LaBudde Special Collections, Marr Sound Archives, and University Archives to request research assistance or digital copies of collection materials. Some items are available through our Digital Special Collections.
Online Teaching Support from the Libraries
Linking to Library Resources in your Canvas Course. Place a stable link to any digital library resource (article, eBook, eBook chapter, video) in your Canvas Course with these instructions.
Purchase Request. Place requests for the Libraries to purchase eBooks for your class to use.
Request Library Instruction for your classes. Library instruction can be provided online for any course. Various instruction formats are available.
Streaming Video Request. Place requests for streaming video or media for your class to view.