Miller Nichols Library and Health Sciences Library will be closed December 24, 2021 – January 2, 2022 for winter break, reopening and resuming regular intersession hours on January 3.
- Online resources including library databases, the library catalog, and electronic materials like journals, articles, and eBooks will remain available.
- Library chat will be staffed 24/7 during this period.
- Not sure how off campus access to library resources works? It’s easy—and automatic—with your UMKC Single Sign On. Get more detailed information on off campus access.
- Books: Requests placed for items owned by Missouri libraries will be processed starting January 3.
- Interlibrary Loan: You can still place requests while the Libraries are closed.
- Interlibrary Loan service is reduced Monday, November 29 – Thursday, December 23. There is no service Friday, December 24, 2021 – Sunday, January 2, 2022, but you may continue to place requests during this time. Expect delays in processing your requests.
- If you request physical materials (books, DVDs, microfilm, etc.), we will do our best to find a supplier that can deliver by December 15. Due to seasonal increased mail volume and delays in mail processing nationwide, we temporarily suspended requesting physical materials from other libraries using USPS shipping on Tuesday 11/23 and through the rest of the year. If we cannot find a timely supplier, we will hold your request until January to process. If your need can wait until January, please wait to place your request until after the start of the new year.
Alternate Study Spots
Need a safe, warm location with free wifi to study or write? Visit one of our nearby neighbors:
- Kansas City Public Library – Plaza Branch
- 4801 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64112
- Tons of windows, wifi, and the Plaza Colonnade Coffee Shop.
- Plex Pod Westport
- 300 E. 39th Street, Kansas City, MO 64111
- Free entrance with a student ID!
See you in 2022!