Now through June 30, 2020
CONNECTING MUSIC/MEDIA LIBRARY with UMKC’s MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Music helps us rejoice, relax, grieve and heal...and yes, even while away hours when we are stuck at home. During this time, when so many of us waver between incessant worry and unnerving boredom, music helps us escape stasis and reconnect with the world.
Music also helps connect and bolster the mental health resources made available through UMKC and the University of Missouri System. With input from UMKC Counseling Services and UMKC Conservatory faculty, we've gathered resources to help you calm, connect, and thrive in these uncertain times, as well as learn more about the practice of music therapy in mental health.
Each image connects you with different resources available to UMKC students, faculty and staff. Click on the picture to learn more about the resource and follow the link. We'll also highlight resources on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Additional Resources to Help You Stay Safe and Informed
- Using the UMKC Libraries Online
- UMKC Libraries Coronavirus Updates
- Resources for the KC Community during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Compiled by UMKC Health Sciences Library
- UMKC Counseling Services: COVID-19 News and Updates
- Sanvello App
Free version available to UMKC users
- MU Extension COVID-10 Resources
- Ask.Listen.Refer: Online Suicide Prevention Training Program
- UMKC Music Therapy Clinic
- Mental Health Guides from Roos For Mental Health
Posted: May 12, 2020