Coronavirus and the Library
Starting Saturday, March 21, the UMKC Libraries will provide all library services online only. All physical facilities will be closed. The library will continue to provide online resources and services during this very challenging situation. More details about these changes are provided below. You can reach us via chat, text or email for additional assistance.
For more information about COVID-19 and the UMKC Campus, please visit the UMKC Coronavirus page.
Building hours and access
- The entire Miller Nichols Library facility will be closed indefinitely starting Saturday, March 21.
- The Health Sciences Library is currently closed and will remain so indefinitely.
- The Writing Studio is now online only.
- LaBudde Special Collections, Marr Sound Archives, and University Archives are closed to visitors and will provide access only to materials that are already digitized.
- The Law Library facilities are closed until further notice.
- The search box on the library homepage is currently limited to online resources available to UMKC faculty, students, and staff. Until normal library operations resume, the search results will not include physical items in the Libraries' collections. If you can't find what you need, contact us for assistance. If your research requires, you can discover more resources by searching the WorldCatalog, but you will not be able to get them from UMKC Libraries until material borrowing resumes.
Physical collection materials
- Patrons are asked to keep all checked out books and the library will suspend any billing and fines for overdue materials.
- Interlibrary Loan is suspending borrowing physical materials from other libraries but will be providing online availability of materials when possible.
- Scanning from the general and archives collections will not be available.
- No physical materials are available for pickup.
- Please utilize our online collections and resources. Contact Us if you need assistance in finding alternate resources to meet your teaching, learning, and research needs.
Reference and research assistance
- Reference and research assistance will be provided online only. We will provide the following options to meet with a librarian for assistance:
- Assistance through chat is available 24/7
- Online meetings can be scheduled using Zoom
- Email us to receive assistance
Computer labs software access
- Remote Labs provides a way to use some campus software online.
Library gifts and donations
- During this time of reduced operations and increased risk, donors are asked to refrain from in-person donations at this time. Please email if you wish to make online donations, or set up a time for future donation drop-offs. For more information about donations to the library, you can visit our Giving page.
We encourage patrons to take advantage of our online collections and services, and to contact us through email, text or chat for assistance. Additional information about the virus can be found on our Coronavirus Information page.
You can also check this list of providers making online books and other materials freely available during this time.
Posted: March 18, 2020