Coronavirus and the Library
The UMKC Libraries are providing all library services online only. All physical facilities are closed. More details about these changes are provided below. You can reach us via chat, text or email for additional assistance.
The UMKC Libraries facilities are closed in accordance with the directive from the University of Missouri System President to close all four campuses, and in compliance with stay-at-home orders at the municipal and state levels. We take this difficult action to protect the community and help prevent the rapid spread of a disease that threatens people’s lives. We know that this places an additional burden on library users, and will extend every help that we can online to connect users with the information and services they need to succeed.
For more information about COVID-19 and the UMKC Campus, please visit the UMKC Coronavirus page.
- The entire Miller Nichols Library facility is closed indefinitely.
- The Health Sciences Library is closed indefinitely.
- The Writing Studio is online only.
- LaBudde Special Collections, Marr Sound Archives, and University Archives are closed to visitors and will provide access only to materials that are already digitized.
- The Law Library facilities are closed until further notice.
- The search box on the library homepage is currently limited to online resources available to UMKC faculty, students, and staff. Until normal library operations resume, the search results will not include physical items in the Libraries' collections. If you can't find what you need, contact us for assistance. If your research requires, you can discover more resources by using a global search tool like WorldCat, but you will not be able to get them from UMKC Libraries until material borrowing resumes.
Physical collection materials
- Patrons are asked to keep all checked out books and the library will suspend any billing and fines for overdue materials.
- No physical materials are available for pickup.
- Interlibrary Loan is suspending borrowing physical materials from other libraries but is providing online availability of materials when possible.
- Scanning from the general and archives collections is not available.
- Please utilize our online collections and resources. Contact Us if you need assistance in finding alternate resources to meet your teaching, learning, and research needs.
Reference and research assistance
- Reference and research help are online only. We are providing the following options to meet with a librarian for assistance:
- Assistance through chat is available 24/7
- Online meetings can be scheduled using Zoom
- Email us with your questions
Computer lab software access
- Remote Labs provides a way to use some campus software online.
Library gifts and donations
- During this time of reduced operations and increased risk, donors are asked to refrain from in-person donations. Please email if you wish to make online donations, or set up a time for future donation drop-offs. For more information about donations to the library, you can visit our Giving page.
We encourage users to take advantage of our online collections and services, and to contact us through email, text or chat for assistance. Additional information about the virus can be found on our Coronavirus Information resource guide.
You can also check this list of providers making online books and other materials freely available during this time.
Posted: March 18, 2020