LaBudde Special Collections is a print archive and research center serving scholars and organizations from around the world.
LaBudde Special Collections was dedicated on September 22, 2002, in honor of Dr. Kenneth J. LaBudde (1920-2000), Professor of History, who served as Director of UMKC Libraries from 1950 to 1985. Dr. LaBudde was instrumental in the building of the General Library, dedicated in 1969, and its completion as the Miller Nichols Library, dedicated in 1991. His comprehensive knowledge of history and Americana shaped the department's foundation collection, the Robert M. Snyder, Jr. Collection. He also selected material for the "Z" Collection, covering fine printing and the book arts, literature, architecture, and landscape design.