Video for Instructors
Videos Available to UMKC AffiliatesMany online videos are already available to UMKC students, faculty, and staff.
- Use advanced search
- Use keywords
- Material Type: Films/Videos (online)
- Most require UMKC SSO and password login off campus.
- UMKC-licensed videos, mostly performing arts.
- Some also listed in the library catalog.
- Require UMKC SSO and password login off campus.
Ask UMKC to Add Videos
- Cost to UMKC: $150-$250 for a 1-year subscription. The library primarily licenses videos needed for required course viewing by many students.
- If streaming rentals are available from Amazon, Vimeo, YouTube, etc., the library rarely subscribes. Instead, require your students to rent on their own as course materials.
University Video Retailers
We don't have these videos yet, but can usually license them within 2 weeks.
Films from producers such as Criterion Collection, PBS, California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, and First Run Features.
Alexander Street Academic Video Store
Academic films from producers like California Newsreel, Filmmakers Library, BBC, and their own productions.
Films Media Group
Educational films from Films for the Humanities and Sciences, PBS, BBC, ABC, CBC, NBC, California Newsreel, and others.
Digital Campus (Swank)
Feature films and movies; many are also available for individual subscription via Amazon, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
We may be able to license other videos. This usually takes longer. We may be able to license other videos. This usually takes longer.
Help for Digital Campus (Swank) Videos
- Yes. By default, films will be available both without subtitles and with subtitles in the film's language. Note special needs for subtitles/captions when requesting a film.
- Yes, all instructors can use any currently activated film in their class. Simply copy and paste the entire URL from the library catalog. Students will then login with their UMKC SSO and password to watch the film.
- Most films are added to our portal within 3-4 days. However, activation may take 10 business days
- Films are available for either one year or one semester and may be reactivated for additional semesters upon request.
- UMKC campus computers may have an older version of Firefox ESR which does not support the Google Widevine software that Digital Campus videos use. If using a campus computer, the easiest option is to use Chrome or Internet Explorer instead. If you're on a personal computer, upgrade to the latest version of Firefox.