The "John Agnos" lunch wagon leans against the back of the "dingy building" that housed Club Reno. The back door leading into the club appears just to the right of the lunch wagon. This photograph was taken in 1940, after the club had been re-named "The House of Swing." The photograph was taken in conjunction with a tax assessment conducted by Jackson County, Missouri. The image appears here courtesy of Claude F. Page, the 18th & Vine Museums, and the Kansas City Landmarks Commission.
[ index | people | sounds | venues | articles | kansascity.com ]