An exterior view|
of the "dingy
This photograph records the appearance of the "dingy building" after the club it housed was renamed "The House of Swing." It was taken in 1940 in conjunction with a tax assessment conducted by Jackson County, Missouri. The image appears here courtesy of Claude F. Page, the 18th & Vine Museums, and the Kansas City Landmarks Commission.
[ index | people | sounds | venues | articles | kansascity.com ]