UMKC Miller Nichols Library Roobooks Office Delivery of Books
What is it?
RooBooks is a service of the UMKC Miller Nichols Library which offers UMKC faculty and staff the opportunity to request that their library books be sent directly to their campus address instead of having to pick the books up at the library. Books may be requested from Miller Nichols Library or any MERLIN or MOBIUS library.
Who is eligible?
Any UMKC faculty or staff member who has a Volker campus department delivery address.
How does it work?
- Find a book in the MERLIN or MOBIUS library catalog.
- Request the book and choose the pick up location of “UMK RooBooks Nichols Library”.
- Library staff member checks it out to your patron record.
- The book is then sent to your attention at your department address.
- Disclaimer: If a book is oversized, you may be asked to pick it up in person.
Can I have my InterLibrary Loan books delivered via RooBooks?
Yes! When you are placing a book request in ILL@UMKC, simply change your delivery option from Pick-Up to RooBooks
- Note that not all Interlibrary Loan items will be eligible for RooBooks. Only books are eligible, and items that have Library Use Only restrictions, short use periods, or that may be fragile will need to be picked up at the Miller Nichols Library Access Services desk.
- Interlibrary Loan books can either be mailed back to the library or may be returned to Miller Nichols Library at either the Access Services desk or to the Music/Media Library service desk. If you choose to mail it back, allow for at least five days transit time to ensure that the book can be returned to the lending library on time.
- Keep in mind that Interlibrary loan items generally have a shorter checkout period, so check your campus mail regularly.
When you request a book to be sent directly to your office, you are taking responsibility for the book from the moment we check it out on your library record until the time you return it to the library.
Can I mail it back to the library?
Yes, you can mail the book back to the library or you can return the book directly to the Miller Nichols Library or to the outdoor book drop located directly to the north of the library.
If you have further questions, please contact an Access Services staff member at (816) 235-1526 or electronically.