Instructor Guidelines for Placing Materials on Reserve
- Reserves are materials to be used by students in your course, made available by the library.
- What can be placed on reserve?
- Physical materials owned by UMKC Libraries
- Kept at appropriate desk and circulated to students for specified time periods.
- Instructor's personal copies of materials
- If the library does not own a copy, instructors may place their personal copy on reserve or request that the library purchase a copy.
- The library will take precautions to safeguard materials but assumes no liability.
- How reserves work for your students:
- Students may gain access to materials at the library service desks.
- Physical course reserves are also searchable in the library catalog
- How to place materials on reserve:
- Contact the appropriate reserves manager
- Other details:
- Allow up to 1 week for the library to process reserves before assigning students to use them.
- Materials are removed from physical reserve and personal copies returned to the instructor at the end of each semester unless otherwise arranged.
- Instructors may also add links to their Blackboard course to online library materials. These materials have already been licensed for students' use.
- If the library does not own an electronic copy, instructors may upload documents themselves, making sure to follow copyright guidelines http://libguides.library.umkc.edu/fairuse