Services for People Who Are Not UMKC Students, Faculty, or Staff
On-site use of collections and basic reference assistance is available to everyone. Using audiovisual materials requires a valid photo ID.
To borrow materials, register at the First Floor Service Desk for one of the following programs:
- Students, faculty, and staff at Kansas City area colleges and universities and at MOBIUS member libraries.
- Most colleges and universities in the Kansas City area participate in reciprocal borrowing agreements.
- University ID required.
- Community Information Program:
- Members of the Community Information Program can have limited checkout privileges. Through the Community Information Program, services for a fee are provided to businesses and other organizations that have identified specialized information needs.
- Friends of the Library:
- Membership in the Friends of the Library of the University of Missouri-Kansas City includes the ability to check out library books.
- UMKC Alumni:
- Paid members of the UMKC Alumni Association have limited checkout privileges.
- High school students:
- Area high school students enrolled in the High School College Program and the University Academy can also arrange to check out books.
Contact the Circulation Services Department or call (816) 235-1526 for more information.