Miller Nichols Library Noise Level Expectations
Not sure where to study in Miller Nichols Library? This guide to noise levels might help:
Ground Floor Noise level: Quiet Conversation
- Expect noise and normal conversation at entrance, Music/Media Desk, and hallway to stairs and elevator.
- Limited noise and quiet group study are permitted behind the glass partition.
1st Floor Noise level: Regular Conversation
- Interactive study is permitted and expected.
- Cell phone use is allowed, as long as conversations are kept at regular speaking voice.
2nd Floor Noise level: Quiet Conversation
- Limited noise and muted group study are permitted.
- IS Computer Lab, per IS guidelines: “People working in study groups are asked to keep their voices down as much as possible. Cell phone conversations are not allowed.”
3rd Floor Noise level: Quiet Conversation
- Limited noise and quiet group study are permitted.
4th Floor Noise level: Silent
- No conversation or group study, but typing on computers is permitted.
- Cell phones should be silenced. Talking on cell phones is not permitted, but phones may be answered and taken off the floor.
- Audio may be listened to with headphones, as long as it is inaudible to others.