These mobile apps are available from the UMKC Health Sciences Library. One app needs a code.
- Access Medicine mobile app is available for free download from your Android or Apple app store. Before you download the app, you need to create a personal account in AccessMedicine from the library's link to AccessMedicine: http://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/record=e1000284~S3. The app includes Quick Medical Diagnosis & Treatment, Fitzpatrick's Clinical Dermatology, Diagnosaurus 2.0, and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests. To keep the app active, please renew your login and password every 90-days from your AccessMedicine personal account.
- The BrowZine app is a virtual bookshelf for scholarly journals. The app allows you to read scholarly journals in a format that is optimized for tablets. You can also create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals.and be alerted when new issues of a journal are available.
- Clinical Pharmacology Extensive, peer-reviewed, current, accurate drug information for health care providers. Written by and for health care professionals. Full-text information on generic, brand, herbal or investigational drugs. Code Needed - Request a code.
- Micromedex Full-text reference database for drug information including investigational drugs and pharmaceutical excipients. Treatment reviews, creation of mock patient profiles, charts/graphs, drug kinetic information including some comparable charts, & dosing/disease calculators are included. Information is peer-reviewed & evaluated.
- STAT!Ref This app offers online access to medical, nursing and pharmacy resources. The first step to creating a mobile app account for STAT!Ref is to create a MySTAT!Ref account. Click here for instructions to begin this process, and follow the steps to completion. For a list of titles, click here. Must be renewed every three months.
PubMed for Handhelds
- PubMed for Handhelds This app allows you to search PubMed by natural language, or PICO, and is now linked to the full text of the articles owned by the library.