HSL Borrow Items
You have several choices when you need to get an item that we don't have at UMKC.
Find your book at a MOBIUS Library:
- Go to the MOBIUS catalog website.
- Find your book and click on "Display Holdings."
- The Health Sciences Library has the book if you see "UMK HSL" listed by the book's call number. If not, and another MOBIUS Library does own it, you can request item from the catalog.
- Click on "Request This Item" in the middle of the page.
- Answer the question "With which cluster are you affliated?" with MERLIN.
- In the "Choose a Pickup Location" drop-down menu, select "UMK Health Sciences Circulation" or "UMKC RooBooks HSL," if you are eligible to use this option. NOTE- Do not select MU, Health Sciences Library, or your book will go to Columbia.
- You will be emailed when your book is ready for pickup. Please allow 7 days, but feel free to check on arrival earlier.
Order your book on the Health Sciences Library Website:
*NOTE-To Use this method, you must already know the title, author and publishing information about your book.
- From the Health Sciences Library page, in the right hand menu, select Request Item Not at UMKC HSL.
- Fill out form as completely and accurately as possible.
- You will receive an email when the book is ready for pick-up. Please allow 7-14 days.
RooBooks – Office delivery -- at UMKC Health Sciences Library
RooBooks on Hospital Hill is a campus book delivery service offered to faculty and staff who have offices on UMKC’s Hospital Hill Campus. Books which you request via Interlibrary Loan (ILL@UMKC), MERLIN, and MOBIUS catalogues can be delivered via campus mail, directly to your office.
For books in the MERLIN or MOBIUS catalogue, select a pickup location of UMKC RooBooks HSL for materials from our own or other libraries. Or, if selecting books via ILL@UMKC , and instead of PICKUP select “RooBooks”. You will receive email notice of arrival at HSL, in campus email, to indicate that the book is on its way. On arrival, library staff will check the book out to you and direct it to your office address through campus mail.
- The book is your responsibility, including monetary responsibility, from when we check it out to you until the time you return it to the library.
Please return RooBooks to the Health Sciences Library. When choosing to do it by campus mail, please remember that short checkout times on some items will mean you have use of the book for a shorter period. Also, fragile materials may require in library use only.
First, see if we have online access to the article: select the FIND IT @ UMKC button. If we do not have online access, you may check our catalog for the print edition. We can provide document delivery for items in our print collection, or you may come into the library and access them. If not, you may order through ILL@UMKC, using your UMKC single sign-on to establish an account.
For assistance, please call the Health Sciences Library (816) 235-1880.