If you have a mobile device, they can be quite useful on the floor, especially for drug information. Through the library you have access to free downloads of either Micromedex or Clinical Pharmacology for handhelds. Directions for getting either of these and a listing of other handheld resources that might be useful, can be found on this page.
Finding Journal Articles
To find medical articles, you need to do a search in Medline. If you haven't used this before, this page has videos that might give you some tips.
School of Medicine Class Links
- Medicine 9482: Patient Physician Society: Medical Decision Making
- Medicine 415R
- Medicine 643R
- USMLE Test Prep Resources
- Improving Patient Safety in Hospitals(http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/quality-patient-safety/index.html)
A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
Residencies and Fellowships
- Careers in Medicine (https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/)
A career planning guide for students to assist them in choosing a specialty and residency or fellowship.
- Strolling through the Match (www.aafp.org/x20259.xml)
American Academy of Family Physicians' Guide to selecting a specialty & matching.
- FREIDA On-line (www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/2997.html)
The AMA's directory of residencies and fellowships, searchable by state, region, or specialty. Information on residencies and fellowships. Freida also provides information on the physician marketplace in general and statistics per medical specialty.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (www.acgme.org)
The ACGME provides a directory of accredited programs (organized by Specialty and State). The directory includes the accreditation status and contact information.
- National Resident Matching Program
- "ERAS is a service which transmits residency applications, and supporting credentials from medical schools to residency program directors using the Internet."
- US News and World Report's rankings of top medical schools and top graduate medical programs.