Friends of the Library
UMKC Friends of the Library is a group of volunteers and donors dedicated to supporting and strengthening the UMKC University Libraries. To accomplish this goal the Friends work to increase public awareness about the Libraries and their importance in the community, and to enhance the Libraries' collections, programs, facilities, and services through financial support. Since our founding in 1965, we have provided hundreds of thousands of dollars in funding for the collections of UMKC's Dental, Health Sciences, Miller Nichols, and Music/Media Libraries, through our annual gift and through the individual gifts and bequests made by our generous members.
Request sponsorship for your program or event.
What do the Friends of the Library do?
- Fund the purchase of library collections and various resources for use by students, faculty, and the community. This is accomplished through our Annual Gift to the UMKC University Libraries.
- Fund an annual scholarship open to all UMKC students at all levels and any discipline. Read the award-winning essay from the 2016 FOL scholarship recipient, Dave Brumbley.
- Sponsor programs of wide interest that contribute to the cultural life of the city. To learn more about FOL programming like the: portFOLio series, and other library events, please send your contact information to Friends of the Library.
- Encourage an awareness in the community of the importance of a strong university library to the prosperity of the community.
- Encourage gifts, endowments, and bequests to the Libraries to memorialize or honor individuals, and to build services and collections.
- Partner with the UMKC Libraries to position the Dental, Health Sciences, Miller Nichols, and Music/Media Libraries for the future.
- Fall 2016
- Summer 2016
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2015
- Summer 2015
- Spring 2015
- Fall 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- Oct-Nov 2013
- September 2013