Many libraries and museums digitize their resources. These digital collections make primary sources and historical materials, music, video, photographs and images, maps, books, manuscripts and personal papers, and other materials available for use anywhere in the world.
Local and Regional Digital Collections
- UMKC University Libraries: Online exhibits and digitization projects
- University of Missouri Digital Library
- Missouri Digital Heritage Initiative
- Missouri Valley Special Collections Digital Gallery (Kansas City Public Library)
Inventories of Digital Collections Around the World
A catalog of digital resources from over 1000 libraries, museums, and organizations.
- Academic Info Digital Library
A directory of digital collections, electronic and virtual libraries; online publications, exhibits, documents and journals; traditional libraries and catalogs.
- Australian Digitization Projects, National Library of Australia
- Digital Library Federation Public Access Collections
A web-searchable database of nearly 300 public domain online digital collections. The Digital Library Federation (DLF) is a consortium of libraries and related agencies that are pioneering in the use of electronic-information technologies to extend their collections and services.
- IFLA/UNESCO Directory of Digitized Collections
A part of UNESCO's Memory of the World Programme: Safeguarding Documentary Heritage that hopes to list all major digitized heritage collections and on-going digitization programs worldwide in order to provide a single source of information about digital collections.
- Inventory of Canadian Digital Initiatives, National Library of Canada