The UMKC University Libraries were built through the generosity of donors and friends. A gift of books, sound recordings, and other materials to the Libraries helps to improve scholarship and research opportunities for students, faculty, and members of the community.
If you would like to make a monetary donation, please visit our Giving page.
General Information for Donors:
- Every gift is appreciated.
- Donors receive a formal acknowledgement and a gift receipt with space provided for estimated current market value of the donated items.
- The Libraries review all gifts.
- Gift materials should be in good physical conditions (please, no moldy or wet books) to insure preservation of the existing collections.
- Once a gift is accepted, it cannot be returned to the donor.
- Materials not added to the collections will be handled in the best interest of the institution and its users.
- Volunteers are also welcomed. Please contact us for more information.
For more information about gifts to the library, contact:
Head of Collections
304 Miller Nichols Library
If you would like to give material to LaBudde Special Collections, visit their Donations page.
If you would like to give material to the Marr Sound Archives, visit their Donations page.
For information about the Friends of the Library, contact:
Libraries' Administrative Office
212 Miller Nichols Library
University of Missouri-Kansas City
800 E. 51st Street
Kansas City, MO 64110