Library Resources -- 24 X 7
UMKC and the UMKC Libraries provide access to a wide variety of computer-based resources and services for UMKC students, faculty, and staff. In order to use all of the computer-based resources and services, you need to activate your Exchange/Single-Sign-On account. Please check with the Miller Nichols Information Services Help Desk at (816) 235-2000 for directions on how to activate this valuable service.
The University Libraries' Website http://library.umkc.edu/ is the portal to:
The catalog of the library resources of the University of Missouri - Kansas City, University of Missouri - Columbia, Missouri University of Science and Technology, and University of Missouri - Saint Louis. Books may be requested through MERLIN from other libraries to be picked up at Miller Nichols Library, the Law Library, the Health Sciences Library, or the Dental Library.
A consortium of academic libraries with fifty member colleges and universities in the state of Missouri. The MOBIUS Union Catalog contains the same bibliographic and holdings information provided by MERLIN plus a growing collection of holdings information for other university and college libraries around the state. Books may be requested through MOBIUS from other libraries to be picked up at Miller Nichols Library, the Law Library, the Health Sciences Library or the Dental Library.
Over 200 databases in all academic areas including interdisciplinary periodical/newspaper indexes and encyclopedias, business, humanities and fine arts, government information, medical, science and technology, and social sciences. Many of these databases include the full text of articles.
- Reference service by email
- Electronic reserves
- Electronic delivery of some Interlibrary Loan materials:
- Electronic forms
- Library guides to resources in a variety of academic subject areas:
Books not owned by UMKC libraries may be requested from other libraries through MERLIN, MOBIUS, the the University Libraries' electronic Interlibrary Loan Form, or the Law Library's electronic Interlibrary Loan Form. Books will be held for the requestor at the Miller Nichols Library Access Services desk, the Health Sciences Library, the Dental Library, or the Law Library. The electronic form may also be used to request copies of articles not owned by UMKC libraries from other libraries. For more information on interlibrary loan, see:
Use the electronic forms to:
- Request books and articles from other libraries
- Request books to be purchased by the Libraries
- Use email reference service
- View electronic reserve materials
Faculty members may use electronic forms to:
- Request items to be placed on Reserve at Miller Nichols Library
Journal articles and short excerpts from other printed material may also be put on electronic reserve.
- Request Library Instruction at the Miller Nichols Library for your classes.
To ensure availability and a high quality experience for your students, faculty are encouraged to schedule instruction early in the semester with 2 weeks advance notice if possible.
Miller Nichols Library:
- First Floor Service Desk: (816) 235-1526 for questions regarding checkout privileges and reserves.
- Information Commons/ Reference and Government Documents information: (816) 235-1526.
Law Library: (816) 235-1650
Health Sciences Library:
- Circulation: (816) 235-1880
- Reference: (815) 235-1885
Dental Library: (816) 235-2030